The Terrors of Table Salt
Unrefined sea salt or natural rock salt, also known as "real salt", supplies important minerals to our diet. In fact, the liver cannot function without salt. It helps speed up recoveries from serious illness, and acts as a scavenger–purging the body of toxins. Refined and processed table salt, however, should be eliminated from every health-conscious kitchen for the following reasons:
* It retains fluids. One ounce (28.35 grams) of table salt retains up to one pound (0.45 kilograms) of water. Fluid retention is not only uncomfortable, it tires the heart.
* It acidifies the blood, which offers an open invitation to heart problems, hypertension, liver illness, neuralgia, rheumatism, and gastric ulcers.
* It damages and depletes enzymes, upsets the sodium/potassium balance, creates an acidic stomach, and inhibits digestion.
* It over stimulates the nervous system by activating the adrenal gland.
* It increases perspiration and decreases muscle contractility-including the muscles of the heart.
* It creates arrhythmia from its abnormal impact on nerves, and helps harden arteries and other tissues. It also fosters calcium and fatty deposits on the artery walls.
North Americans consume two to three times more salt than they should. Refined salt is consumed in heavily salted foods like potato chips, popcorn, salted peanuts, canned foods, candies and salted cereals. Refined salt puts a huge burden on the kidneys, weakening them until they can no longer function.
Still the body needs minerals that are found in Celtic Sea Salt©. Mineral deficiencies can lead to kidney infections, respiratory aliments, and healing retardation. In its natural state, as in Avena’s Celtic Sea Salt©, salt has at least 100 other minerals and trace elements that lead to a healthy diet. It stabilizes blood pressure. A deficiency of total salt minerals makes the body fight harder to survive and makes blood pressure go up. Whole-unrefined salt causes dandelions and leeks to turn into diuretics. By bathing and rubbing skin with its granules, Celtic Sea Salt© helps the skin to function as an elimination organ.
Try Avena's Celtic Sea Salt You won't go back!